Public Lands and Career Exploration (PLACE) Fellowship
The Public Lands and Career Exploration (PLACE) Fellowship engages youth with opportunities
to learn about and pursue career pathways associated with the National Park Service and partners. Participants will explore a range of regional parks and programs, learn important professional skills, and build valuable connections
with park staff.
Throughout this program, youth participants will:
- Gain awareness of public lands and associated careers (e.g., visitor services, science stewardship, museum curation, historians, and more!).
- Develop skills and experiences related to careers on public lands.
- Build valuable connections with and appreciation for public lands.
Applications Now Open! You are eligible if you are...
- Between 15-18 years old.
- Enjoy being a part of a team.
- Interested in exploring and experiencing different careers related to public lands.
- Curious to learn about three unique parks connected by stories of revolution (click here to learn more).
- Eligible to work in the United States.
You can find the application link by scrolling down.
Read the PLACE Blog
Final PLACE Blog
Looking back on the program, I, and everyone else, enjoyed it and feel like we have gained a lot by participating. Throughout the PLACE Fellowship
The Jolly Month of December
As we focus on our guiding question, the PLACE Fellowship team worked on strategies each month to try to find answers to this question: How
Natural November Noticings
Hello! The 2021-2022 PLACE Fellowship began in November as a hybrid program with both virtual and in-person meetings. Using this time, we got the chance
How to Apply
For this program, you will not need to submit a resume. Instead, be prepared to discuss your experience and interests in short answers.
Applications for spring ’23 are now closed. Applications will open again in the fall of 2024.