Hill to Harbor Corps
Hill to Harbor Corps is a summer youth employment opportunity for youth 15-18 years old. As members of the Youth Conservation Corps (YCC), youth are immersed in a team setting working alongside park staff to facilitate summer recreation camps for local organizations. Throughout the program, youth also develop career skills and explore the National Parks of Boston.
Applications are open thru April 7, 2023 and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Get your application in soon!
Apply to this position if you:
- ✓Are interested in leading recreational activities and games.
- ✓Want to serve as a role model to younger kids (ages 7-12 years old).
- ✓Enjoy being part of a team.
- ✓Are eager to explore the National Parks and public lands!
Hill to Harbor Discovery Camps
YCCs will help facilitate recreational experiences for Boston youth serving organizations. These youth employees work to connect 8-12 year-old campers with the natural, cultural, and recreational resources of Boston's three National Park Sites: Boston National Historical Park, Boston African American National Historic Site, and Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park. In collaboration with rangers from the National Park Service and Boston Harbor Now, YCCs will gain an understanding of what it is like to work in their local national and state parks.
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply, you are:
- Between 15-18 years old for the duration of the program.
- Available for 8 consecutive weeks in the summer late June-August
- You are local to the Boston area.
- Eligible to work in the United States.